RENTAL PROCEDURE UPDATE
Published Apr 16, 2019
The Morpheus Rehearsal Centre is closed as per the Provincial Announcement regarding Community Centres Mar 17, 2020. We will not be confirming any future rentals until such time as Community Centres are deemed safe to re-open.
Starting July 1, 2020 (or whenever the Morpheus Rehearsal Centre is allowed to re-open), the following rental procedures will be implemented to ensure that Morpheus Theatre programming has necessary access to rehearsal space:
- Rental Requests for the months of SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER will not be confirmed until after JULY 1.
- Rental Requests for the months of NOVEMBER & DECEMBER will not be confirmed until after SEPTEMBER 1.
- Rental Requests for the months of JANUARY – APRIL will not be confirmed until after OCTOBER 1.
- Rental Requests for the months of MAY – AUGUST will be confirmed shortly after submitted.
Rental Requests can be submitted at any time, and will be confirmed after the corresponding date.
Morpheus Rehearsal Centre
Morpheus Theatre is pleased to provide flexible rehearsal studios, audition, office and meeting space for the arts community.
The Morpheus Rehearsal Centre features include:
- Located in the residential community of Parkdale
- Next to a neighbourhood park
- Walking distance to the Bow River, downtown, transit and coffee shops
- Plenty of free parking
- Boardroom & Volunteer lounge / kitchen
- Lockable storage closets for longer term renters
- Ramp access for loading in sets
- Digital Pianos for rehearsals
- Internet access
Our space has been used for rehearsals, auditions, workshops, music lessons, recitals, drama/dance/yoga class and more.
To book the space or find out more information, please contact our Operations Manager or complete the Rental Request Form.
Note: we have no availability Saturday mornings in the rehearsal studios from October through April.
Rehearsal Studio A
Specs: 1,400 sq ft; Max capacity: 50 people
Width: 40 to 47 feet; Depth: 30 feet; Ceiling height: 15 feet
Rehearsal Studio B
Specs: 1,200 sq ft; Max capacity: 40 people
Width: 42 feet; Depth: 30 feet; Ceiling height: 15 feet
Specs: 400 sq ft; Capacity: 10 – 20 people
Tables can be removed to provide space for auditions.