A CHRISTMAS CAROL – A Radio Play
December 16 – 23, 2020
A radio play by Philip Grecian, Based upon the novel by Charles Dickens
Directed by Sean Anderson
Show times: Evenings at 7:00pm, Sunday Matinee at 2:00pm
Tickets (one per household or Device): $20
Season Ticket Holders: $16 (or One Flex Pass Ticket)
Please consider one of the following options:
* ONLINE TICKET ONLY
* ONLINE TICKET plus $25 DONATION
* ONLINE TICKET plus $50 DONATION
* PURCHASE A RAFFLE TICKET *
A Tax Receipt will be provided for the Donation amount and you will be recognized in future show programs.
This production will be presented Online. Connection Details will be shared the day of the performance by Email. For the Online Performance it is best viewed from a Computer or Tablet capable of playing videos.
THE VIDEO WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR A SINGLE VIEWING FOR 48 HOURS FROM THE SELECTED SHOW TIME.
A familiar story told as a radio drama, A Christmas Carol begins with a group of actors discussing the tale they will tell. They decide on an opening line, and the storyteller begins, transforming into the mean and stingy Ebenezer Scrooge as he speaks. The online presentation combines the actors, filmed in a recording studio, bringing multiple characters to life, with the addition of sound effects, original music and artwork.
We hope you will share this perennial holiday favorite with the entire family this season!
Covid-19 Safety Protocols
Morpheus Theatre would like our patrons to know that we observed Alberta’s recommended health guidance and safety protocols at every step of the process. The health and wellbeing of every member of our cast, crew and audience was our primary concern. These protocols included:
• The audition process was completely online
• All rehearsals were held over Zoom. Had we been allowed to rehearse in person, we would have adhered to daily health checks, capacity limits, face masks, hand sanitizer, cleaning of all surfaces & props, restricted use of props, and physical distancing
• All production meetings were held over Zoom
• Costume sizing was done by questionnaire. All costumes were pulled, quarantined, and separated into boxes for each cast member
• Recording of the show was done at a professional recording studio. All cast and crew adhered to a health check, physical distancing and wearing of face masks at all times except when at individual microphones. Microphone and music stands were regularly cleaned and cleaned between performers. Breaks were scheduled to allow the recording studio to “exchange the air”.
• All microphones were physically distanced in the studio. When distancing was not possible (group scenes), all performers wore face masks.
• Crew members wore face masks at all times and maintained physical distancing.
• The recording schedule was optimized to minimize the number of people called at any one time and to reduce the amount of time that cast were required to be at the recording studio.
• Performances were moved to online only as per provincial requirements.
• Had in-person performances been allowed, Morpheus Theatre and the Pumphouse Theatre had worked to establish several protocols to ensure physical distancing, minimal contact with ticket scanning, face masks while in the venue and seated, and one-way traffic throughout the venue.
|Stage Manager||Beth MacLean|
|Videographer & Editor||Jared Eves|
|Sound Designer (Music Composer)||Bruce Petherick|
|Sound Effects (Foley)||Gerry McAuley|
|Sound Effects (Foley) & Asst Stage Manager||Ross Wilson|
|Costume Designer||Christie Johnson|
|Hair & Makeup Designer||Drew Russell|
|Streaming Technician||Matt Watterworth|
|Set Design & Construction||William Brown|
|Scenic Artist||Georgia Jeffery|
|Lighting Designer||Jody Low|
|Sound Designer (In-person show)||Brad McDonald|
|Board Operator||Trevor Somers|
|Storyteller / Ebenezer Scrooge||Mike Johnson|
|Bob Cratchit & others||Kyle Gould|
|Fred & others||Byron Paul Hynes|
|Jacob Marley, Announcer & others||Peter Warne|
|Ghost of Christmas Past, Fred’s Wife, Mrs. Dilber & others||Andrea Roukema|
|Tiny Tim, Fan & others||Alexia Sabau|
|Ghost of Christmas Present, Fezziwig, Old Joe & others||Gerry McAuley|
|Peter Cratchit, Dick Wilkins & others||Bryan Lentz|
|Belinda Cratchit, Belle & others||Jen Leclaire|
|Mrs. Cratchit & others||Sheena Johnston|
|Martha Cratchit, Widow Crook & others||Evangeline Mably|
|Topper, Whitlow & others||Brent Lowenberg|
Happy Holidays & Season’s Greetings to everyone involved in the Calgary Theatre Community.
We will see you after the Long Intermission.