Morpheus Theatre is seeking experienced and passionate directors for our 2018/2019 season!
We present 4 quality shows each year (a farce or comedy, a Christmas family production/pantomime, a contemporary play, and a Gilbert & Sullivan operetta) at the Pumphouse Theatre, in both the Victor Mitchell & Joyce Doolittle Theatres.
Applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest and a resume with related theatre experience/background to email@example.com. Applicants do not need to submit for a specific show.
APPLY TO DIRECT
* Name of director
* Directing and theatre related experience
* Types of shows applicant is interested in directing
* Rehearsal Time Availability
* If submitting for a specific show- Director’s Vision for the show (including overall thoughts about how it would be staged & any special effects, set ideas, costume ideas, technical considerations)
We also invite the community to make proposals for shows to be produced during our 2018/2019 season.
We are looking for WELL-KNOWN SHOWS with HIGH AUDIENCE POTENTIAL that fall within our four show categories. Ideally, the shows will appeal to a wide family audience (primarily 12 and up, although under 18 is not the target audience).
SUGGEST A SHOW
* Title & Playwright of show
* Cast size of show, with male/female breakdown
* Why you think Morpheus should produce it
* Which theatre it would work best in
* Potential challenges
Morpheus Theatre thanks everyone for their submissions, however, only candidates being considered for this season will be contacted. If you suggest a play that we accept, you will receive two free tickets to see that production.
Please email letters of interest by December 31, 2017 to:
Sean Anderson, Artistic Director, Morpheus Theatre