Suggest a Show / Direct a Show
Morpheus Theatre invites the community to make proposals for shows to be produced during our 2015/2016 season.
Morpheus presents 4 quality shows each year (a farce or comedy, a Christmas family production, a contemporary drama, and a Gilbert & Sullivan operetta) at the Pumphouse Theatre, in both the Victor Mitchell & Joyce Doolittle Theatres. We are looking for WELL-KNOWN SHOWS with HIGH AUDIENCE POTENTIAL that fall within our four show categories.
Ideally, the shows will appeal to a wide family audience (primarily 12 and up, although under 18 is not the target audience).
SUGGEST A SHOW
* Title & Playwright of show
* Cast size of show, with male/female breakdown
* Why you think Morpheus should produce it
* Which theatre it would work best in
* Potential challenges
We are also seeking experienced and passionate directors to submit a letter of interest along with a resume with related theatre experience and background. Applicants do not need to submit for a specific show.
APPLY TO DIRECT
* Name of director
* Directing and theatre related experience
* Types of shows applicant is interested in directing
* Director’s Vision for the show (including overall thoughts about how it would be staged & any special effects, set ideas, costume ideas, technical considerations) (if applicable)
Morpheus Theatre thanks everyone for their submissions, however, only candidates being considered for this season will be contacted. If you suggest a play that we accept, you will receive two free tickets to see that production.
Please email or deliver letters of interest by mid-January, 2015 to:
Sean Anderson, Artistic Director, Morpheus Theatre
3512 – 5th Avenue NW Calgary, AB T2N 0V7
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!